[Last Updated: 31 December 2020]
|Name||:||Dr.-Ing. Widodo Setiyo Pranowo|
|Institution||:||Marine Research Center (Pusat Riset Kelautan), Agency for Research & Human Resources Development (Badan Riset & Sumber Daya Manusia), Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries of the Republic of Indonesia (Kementerian Kelautan & Perikanan Republik Indonesia), Addr.: Gedung II BRSDM KP Lantai 4, Jl. Pasir Putih II, Ancol Timur, Jakarta 14430, Indonesia. Tel.+62-21-647-00-919, Fax. +62-21-674-11-654|
|:||< firstname.lastname@example.org >|
|Hobbies||:||SCUBA Diving, (Underwater) Photography, Fishing|
- Professional memberships:
- Ikatan Alumni Program Habibie (IABI), member of expert council (2019-2024).
- The Jakarta Research Council (Dewan Riset Daerah Provinsi DKI Jakarta), member of research commission for government (2018-2022).
- Indonesian Hydrography Council (Dewan Hidrografi Indonesia), member since 2017.
- Asosiasi Profesi Teknologi Lingkungan Indonesia (APTLI), co-founder/member since 2017.
- American Geophysical Union (AGU), regular member since 2008.
- European Geosciences Union (EGU), regular member since 2009.
- Ikatan Sarjana Kelautan Indonesia (ISKINDO). member of expert council (2018-2020). member division of research & development (2015-2017).
- Indonesian Association of Oceanologist (ISOI), reguler member since 2011.
- Indonesian Researcher Union (HIMPENINDO), reguler member since 2014.
- Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference Association (PORSEC), student member 2002.
- Community base membership:
- Thamrin School of Climate Change and Sustainability, since 2015.
- The Indonesian Students Association of Bremen (Perhimpunan Pelajar Indonesia di Bremen), Secretary (2007-2008).
- Organization of Radio Amateur of the Republic of Indonesia (ORARI), since 1990, call sign YD2JFU.
- Ph.D in Techno-mathematics, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, University of Bremen, Germany: Graduated on July 29, 2010. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hiller (Computing & Data Center, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar & Marine Research) & Prof. Dr. Jörn Behrens (Klima Campus, University of Hamburg).
- Magister Sains (M.Si). in Oceanography and Atmospheric Science, Department of Geophysics and Meteorology, Faculty of Earth Science and Mineral Technology, Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia: Graduated on June 25, 2002. Supervisors: Dr. Agus Supangat & Dr. Eng. Nining Sari Ningsih, M.Si.
- Sarjana Teknik (S.T.). in Department of Marine Science & Technology, Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science, University of Diponegoro, Semarang, Indonesia: Graduated on August 18, 1998. Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Lachmuddin Sya’rani, & Prof. Dr. Ir. Delianis Pringgenies, M.Sc.
AWARD & MEDALS
- Satyalancana Dwidya Sistha (Military Instructor Service Medal) – 2015 from The President of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Alumni AWARD from University of Diponegoro, Rector Decree (SK) No. 1772/UN.7/P/HK/2014, 22 November 2014, Category: Meritorious and inspiring to the institution and community developments.
- Satyalancana Karya Satya X (Civil Long Service Medal: 10 years of service) – 2013 from The President of the Republic of Indonesia.
FELLOWSHIPS RESEARCH (GRANT)
- CSIRO Fellowship for Argo Float deployment on board vessel in Southeast Indian Ocean. April 2005. Supervisors: Dr. Susan Wijffels & Dr. Ann Thresher.
- POGO–IOC–UNESCO-SCOR Fellowship for Training on Argo Float Preparation, Deployment and Data Quality Control. July–August, 2004 in CSIRO Marine Labs, Hobart, Australia. (Partnership for Observation of the Global Oceans – Inter-governmental Oceanographic Commission – Scientific Committee on Oceanic Research). Supervisors: Dr. Susan Wijffels & Dr. Helen Phillips.
- World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Indonesia Project Fellowship for Bachelor thesis research in the National Marine Park of Teluk Cenderawasih, Irian Jaya, 1997. Supervisor: Gesang Setyadi, ST.
APEC TRAVEL GRANT
- APEC Research & Technology (ART) 2016 Extension in Indonesia Program. Jakarta, Indonesia, 26-27 July 2016. Presenter: “Present Status of Marine & Fisheries Research To Anticipate Climate Change Impact”. Author: Widodo Pranowo.
- APEC Workshop on the Climate Change Impact on Oceans & Fisheries Resources. Boracay Island, Aclan, Philippine, 08-10 May 2015. Co-Presenter: “Blue Carbon Indonesia: From Research into Policy and Its Recent Status”. Authors: Achmad Poernomo & Widodo Pranowo.
- APEC Training Program on Preparedness, Response and Assessment of Oil Spill (PRAOS). Yeosu Marine Expo Convention Korea, 03 – 07 November 2014. Lecturer: “IMPLEMENTATION PLAN ON OIL SPILL MONITORING: LESSON LEARNED FROM THE MONTARA CASE”. Author: Widodo Pranowo.
- APEC/MRC/OMISAR The Thirteenth (13th) Workshop of OMISAR (WOM-13) on The Validation and Application of Satellite Data for Marine Resources Conservation. Asia-Pasific Economic Cooperation (APEC) – Marine Resource Conservation Working Group. Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, October 5 – 9, 2004. Co-Presenter: “TWO-DIMENSIONAL HYDRODYNAMIC NUMERICAL MODELING IN SANGIHE WATERS”. Authors: Irsan S. Brodjonegoro, W.S. Pranowo, & Semeidi Husrin.
- APEC/MRC/OMISAR The Twelfth (12th) Workshop on Ocean Models (WOM-12) 7-10 September, 2004, Dalian, P. R. China. Asia-Pasific Economic Cooperation (APEC) – Marine Resource Conservation Working Group. Presenter: “BAROTROPIC TIDAL AND WIND-DRIVEN LARVAL TRANSPORT ON SALEH BAY, SUMBAWA, INDONESIA“. Authors: Widodo S. Pranowo, Yulia Herdiani, & Ivonne M. Radjawane.
RESEARCH / EMPLOYMENT HISTORIES
|2016 – 2018||Head of Marine & Coastal Data Laboratory, Marine Research Center, Agency for Research & Human Resources Development, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries, The Republic of Indonesia.|
|2015||FAO National Consultant on GIS/Remote Sensing, for the development of PIF for the project “Mainstreaming Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Use into Inland Fisheries Practices in Freshwater Ecosystems of High Conservation Value“.|
|2014 – 2015||Deputy Director for Research Cooperation & Services, Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, Agency for Marine & Fisheries Research & Development, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries, Republic of Indonesia.|
|2013 – 2014||Leader Group, Research & Development Group on Climate Change Policy, which consisting of 9 members (5 research scientists; 1 engineers; 1 supporting res. scie.; 1 IT technician & 1 instrumentation technician), at the Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, AMFRD, MMAF, Republic of Indonesia.|
|2012 – 2013||Leader Group, Research & Development Group on Marine Resources, which consisting of 13 members (10 research scientists; 2 engineers; & 1 technician), at the Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, AMFRD, MMAF, Republic of Indonesia.|
|2012 – 2016||Founder & Manager, Marine & Coastal Data Laboratory, at the Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources.|
|2012 – 2016||Research Associate, Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources. Rank: Senior Research Associate in Oceanography (Peneliti Madya Bidang Oseanografi).|
|2011 – 2012||Head of R & D Programme, Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, Agency for Marine & Fisheries research & Development, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries, Republic of Indonesia.|
|2010 – 2011||Chief Scientist on the research project “The Variability of CO2 Fluxes in Teluk Banten Coastal Bay, Indonesia“, APBN Budget for Puslitbang SDLP.|
|2010 – present||Lecturer, Naval Postgraduate School, Department of Tech. Hydrography (Sekolah Tinggi Teknologi Angkatan Laut – STTAL, Teknik Hidrografi).|
|2007 – 2010||Staf (Mitarbeiter) of the United Nations University – Institute of Environment & Human Security (UNU-EHS), Bonn, Germany, under contract No. JB-2008-CTC-O-00015 & JB-2008-CTC-O-00016 as “Consultant Contract”. The assignment is working together with Tsunami Modeling Group at Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar & Marine Research, Bremerhaven, for developing tsunami scenario database (WP5200) under framework of “German-Indonesia Tsunami Early Warning System (GITEWS)”.|
|2005 – 2007||Head of Cooperation and Research Services Programme in Center for Maritime Teritories & Non-Living Resources, Agency for Marine & Fisheries Research, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries, Republic of Indonesia.|
INTERNATIONAL/BILATERAL/REGIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION EXPERIENCES
|2017||Advisory Member. Indonesia – Korea Science, Technology & Innovation (counterpart of Science & Technology Policy Institute, STEPI).|
|2015 – 2017||General Coordinator. Indonesia – German Joint Research on Science for Marine Ecosystem & Fisheries (SIMEF).|
|2014 – present||Member. World Harbour Project: Jakarta. A multinational consortium, initiated by the Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS), the goal is to develop resilient urban ports and harbours through a global network of collaborating scientists. The Project brings together international research institutions and agencies concerned with the health of these heavily urbanised waterways and the increasing challenges they face.|
|2013 – 2017||Coordinator. End-Users of Remote Sensing Application (Satellite) for Oil Spill Monitoring. Indonesia-france Infrastructure Development for Space Oceanography (INDESO) Project.|
|2013 – 2014||Indonesian Coordinator. Joint collaboration research on “Monsoon Onset Monitoring & Its Social & Ecosystem Impacts (MOMSEI)” between AMFRAD Indonesia & FIO-SOA China.|
|2012 – 2013||Indonesian Coordinator. Joint collaboration research on “Science for Protection Indonesia Coastal Marine Ecosystems (SPICE)” for the topic of “Carbon Sequestration in the Indonesian Seas and its global significance: Generation of scientific knowledge for formulating strategies for adaptation to climate change (CISKA)” between Indonesia & Germany.|
|2011 – 2013||Coordinator of the Grand Topic 2 (Climate Change & the Ocean: Carbon sequestration in Indonesian Seas & their global significance (generation of scientific knowledge for formulating strategies for adaptation to climate change), Indonesia–German research cooperation on The Scince for Protection of Indonesian Coastal Ecosystem (SPICE) III.|
|2011 – 2012||Member of Trans–Boundary Diagnostic Analysis Technical Team, Oceanography Specialist, Arafura & Timor Seas Ecosytem Action (ATSEA) Project, GEF-UNDP.|
|2003 – 2006||Clearances & Logistics Coordinator. Joint collaboration research on “Indonesia Nusantara Stratification And Transport (INSTANT)” among AMFRD-Indonesia, LDEO-USA, SIO-USA, CSIRO-Australia, NIOZ-Netherlands, LODYC-France.|
NATIONAL TEAM/ COLLABORATION EXPERIENCES
|2019 – present||Foreign Research Permit (TKPIPA). Indonesian Ministry of Research, Technology – The National Coordinating Agency for Research & Innovation (RISTEK-BRIN). (reviewer).|
|2018 -present||Technical Team Evaluation for The Environmental Impact Assessment (AMDAL), Indonesian Ministry of Environment & Forestry (KLHK). (reviewer).|
|2018 & 2019||National Scheme for Scholarship (Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan, LPDP), Indonesian Ministry of Finance. (reviewer).|
|2020-2023 & 2016-2019||Member of the National Committee on Fish Stock Assessment (Komnas Kajiskan), Decree by The Minister of Marine Affairs & Fisheries, Republic of Indonesia.|
|2015||Member, The National Team for Oil Spill Response Aftermath MT. Alyarmouk & MV. Sinar Kapuas Collision at Singapore Strait. Institution Lead by Indonesian Ministry of Transportation.|
|2014||Member of the Provincial (Technical) Team for Jakarta Marine Ecoregion, lead by Jakarta Provincial Agency for Environment (BPLHD Prov. DKI Jakarta).|
|2012 – 2013||Member of the National (Technical) Team for Indonesian Seas Ecoregion, lead by Ministry of Environment.|
|2010 – 2013||Expert Team for “National Team Advocation for Timor Sea“ sueing PTTEP AA in the case of Montara Wellhead Ridge Blasting 2009. Lead by Ministry of Public Transportation & Ministry of Environment.|
|2010||Post-tsunami survey on Mentawai 25.10.2010 event, Co-Chief Scientist for German-Indonesia Tsunami Survey Team (GITST) member of International Tsunami Survey Team (ITST) JTIC-IOC-UNESCO. Funded by GITEWS Project & Franzius-Institut Leibniz Uni-Hannover, Germany.|
|2006||Post-tsunami survey on Java 17.07.2006 event, Chief Scientist for WILNON-BRKP Group.|
|2005||PABESIA Cruise (RV. Sonne – Germany flag); INSTANT Cruise (RV. Baruna Jaya VIII – Indonesia flag); ARGO FLOAT Deployment (MV. Bunga Teratai III – Malaysian flag).|
|2004||Ekspedisi Wallacea Indonesia, Chief Scientist for Leg 1 (RV. Phinisi Cinta Laut – Indonesian flag)|
|2003-2004||INSTANT Cruise (RV. Baruna Jaya VIII – Indonesian flag).|
|2000||Survey for marine resources potential in West Sumatera-South Java-South Bali (RV. Baruna Jaya IV – Indonesian flag).|
- Indonesian Journal of Geography. international journal published by the Faculty of Geography, Universitas Gadjah Mada in collaboration with The Indonesian Geographers Association. eISSN 2354-9114. Being guest reviewer since 2020.
- Journal of Gravitasi. The official journal of Physics Department, University of Tadulako. eISSN: 2654-4318. Being reviewer since 2020.
- Journal of Sapa Laut. The official journal of Marine Science Department, University of Halu Oleo. eISSN: 2503-0396. Being reviewer since 2020.
- Journal of OLDI (Oseanologi & Limnologi). The official journal of Indonesian Institute of Science (LIPI). eISSN: 2477-328X. Being a guest reviewer since 2019.
- Makara Journal of Science. The official journal of The University of Indonesia (UI). eISSN: 2356-0851.Being a guest reviewer since 2019.
- International Journal of ASRO. The official journal of Indonesian Naval Postgraduate School (STTAL). ISSN : 2460-7037. Being a guest reviewer since 2019.
- Jurnal Riset Jakarta. The official journal of The Jakarta Research Council (Dewan Riset Daerah DKI Jakarta). ISSN: 2337-4381. Being Editor in Chief since 2019.
- Scientific Writing Competition to Celebrating World Hydrography Day, organized by National Hydrography & Oceanography Center, Indonesian Navy. Being a reviewer in 2016 & 2018.
- Book with title “Tantangan Menuai Energi Laut di Perairan Bali & Sekitarnya” author by Delyuzar Ilahude, Marine Geology Institute (P3GL). Being a reviewer in 2018. [pdf]
- Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Research. Production and Hosting by Elsevier B.V. on behalf of Egypt National Institute of Oceanography and Fisheries. ISSN: 1687-4285. Being a guest reviewer in 2018.
- Journal of Science & Applicative Technology, The official journal of Institut Teknologi Sumatera (ITERA), ISSN: 2581-0545. Being a guest reviewer since 2018.
- Journal of Majalah Globe, The official journal of Indonesian Geospatial Agency (Badan Informasi Geospasial, BIG), eISSN: 2502-2172. Being a guest reviewer since 2018.
- Journal of Mathematical and Fundamental Sciences, published by Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB), indexed in SCOPUS. E-ISSN: 2338-5510. Being guest reviewer in 2017. [List of Reviewer]
- Journal of Acta Oceanologica Sinica, The official journal of the Chinese Society of Oceanography, indexed in SCOPUS & Thomson Reuters, eISSN: 1869-1099. Being reviewer since 2017.
- Ocean Life, A journal published by Society of Indonesian Biodiversity in collaboration with University of Papua, e-ISSN: 2580-4529. Being editor since 2017. [List of Editor]
- Journal of Omniakuatika, a national accredited journal (No. 36a/E/KPT/2016) published by University of General Soedirman (UNSOED), e-ISSN: 2476-9347. Being reviewer since 2017.
- Journal of Geologi Kelautan, a national accredited journal (673/AU3/P2MI-LIPI/07/2015) published by Indonesian Marine Geological Institute (P3GL), e-ISSN: 2527-8851. Being reviewer since 2017. [Profile]
- Journal of Kelautan Nasional, a national accredited journal (818/E/2015) published by Marine Research Center (Pusat Riset Kelautan), e-ISSN: 1907-767X. Being Editor-in-Chief since 2017.
- The Reviewer Team for Research Scientist Accreditation (TP2I), at Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries. Being a reviewer 2017-2019.
- Journal of Indonesian Fisheries Research Journal (Jurnal Penelitian Perikanan Indonesia – JPPI), e-ISSN: 2502-6569, accredited by Indonesian Institute of Science (LIPI), a national scientific journal published by Fisheries Research, Agency for Marine & Fisheries Research & Human Resources, Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries. Being an editor since 2017.
- Journal of Indonesian Fisheries Policy Journal (Jurnal Kebijakan Perikanan Indonesia – JKPI), e-ISSN: 2502-6550, accredited by Indonesian Institute of Science (LIPI), a national scientific journal published by Fisheries Research Center, Agency for Marine & Fisheries Research & Human Resources, Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries. Being an editor since 2016.
- Journal of Chart Datum, ISSN: 2460-4623, a national scientific journal published by The Indonesian Naval Postgraduate (Sekolah Tinggi Teknologi Angkatan Laut, STTAL). Being an editor since 2015.
- The Reviewer Team for Research Scientist Accreditation (TP2U), at Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, Agency for marine & Fisheries Research & Development, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries: 2012-2014.
- International Journal of Remote Sensing & Earth Sciences (IJReSES), ISSN: 0216-6739, Acreditated by LIPI, an international/national scientific journal published by Indonesian Aerospace Agency (LAPAN). Being a reviewer 2014 – 2018, an editor since 2019 [Profile].
- Journal of METEOROLOGI & GEOFISIKA, ISSN: 1411-3082, Acreditated by LIPI, a national scientific journal published by Agency of Meteorology Climatology & Geophysics: 2012.
- Journal of SEGARA, ISSN: 1907-0659, accredited by Indonesian Institute of Science (LIPI), a national scientific journal published by Research & Development Center for Marine & Coastal Resources, Agency for marine & Fisheries Research & Development, Ministry of Marine Affairs & Fisheries. Being a member of Editor Board since 2011.
- Prosiding Pertemuan Ilmiah Nasional X ISOI 2013, Jakarta, 11-12 November 2013. Ikatan Sarjana Oseanologi Indonesia. ISBN: 978-602-18153-2-8. Being a member of Editor board.
- Profile in Scopus
- Profile in ORCID
- Profile in ResearcherID/Publons
- Profile in Google Scholar
- Profile in Mendeley
- Profile in SINTA
- Profile in the Mathematics Genealogy [Poster]
- Profile in Semanticscholar
- Profile in Research gate
- Profile in Ocean Expert Directory Professional
- Profile in IOC – Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS)
- Profile in International Oceanographic Data Exchange (IODE)
- Profile in Joint Technical Commission for Oceanography & Marine Meteorology (JCOMM)
- Profile in COSIS.net